Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dazeoff
Reel Rookie

ECP issues with query/tv-settings

I'm having an issue with the tv-setting ECP command. Everything else is working fine, keypresses, query/device-info, etc. The only command that isn't working is query/tv-settings. 

$ curl "http://RokuIP:8060/query/tv-settings"  Returns nothing. Anyone else having this issue, or any thoughts?

TCL 55S401

4 REPLIES 4
bongiornot

Re: ECP issues with query/tv-settings

I am having the same issue on a Sharp Roku TV

0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

tv-settings is not listed as a valid query

Roku TV ECP commands

Roku TV devices additionally support the following external control services.

Command Description
query/tv-channelsReturns information about the TV channel / line-up available for viewing in the TV tuner UI.
query/tv-active-channelReturns information about the currently tuned TV channel.
launch/tvinput.dtvLaunch the TV tuner UI. Can optionally be passed a TV channel parameter of the form "ch=1.1" to tune to the specified TV channel number.

https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/debugging/external-control-api.md

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Hmm... it used to be there.  So someone at Roku saw this thread and just removed it from the documentation?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dazeoff
Reel Rookie

Yeah weird, it was definitely there. I asked the same question on the Roku subreddit and someone said the feature only works on 9.4, so I guess we’ll see if it comes back once more devices get the update. 

0 Kudos