Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronmonn
Reel Rookie

ECP Query streaming channel number

I need to get the channel number of the current streaming station playing on Live TV. I'm using 'http://...:8060/query/tv-active-channel' and parsing out the current channel number. This works great for over the air stations, but when switch to a streaming station, the query still replies with the last over the air station (even though the current station is being streamed). So ... any way (using ECP) to get the current streaming station??

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ECP Query streaming channel number

You might get a faster response from the developer's side of the forum. This is the users side, and few people here are technical enough to have a clue what you're talking about. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ronmonn
Reel Rookie

Thank you.

I went to that side to enter the post, but the automatic title search came up with my existing post in this area, so I assuming that side also "sees" it. Right? Or do you know if I need to do something different to post it there, like just re-post the whole thing as is.  Hey, thanks again. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

A search might show up from either side. But I would expect that someone that could answer your question would most likely just be perusing the posts over there, like I only look at the posts on the users side. While I am registered as a developer, it's only because I made a stab at building a channel to support a DLNA server, and my skills simply weren't up to the task. 🙂 Maybe after I retire I'll make another stab at it...

Yeah, I'd probably repost it over there in a new thread. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.