Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rashmikapil2
Binge Watcher

Re: DynamicKeyboard does not work

@renojim I do have the latest device(Roku Ultra) with a Voice remote. It's completely paired and active. Even then the samples are not working at my end. 

0 Kudos
rashmikapil2
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos
rashmikapil2
Binge Watcher

@kisuke I fixed my issue. I was using an Indian Roku developer account and a Dynamic keyboard isn't available for an Indian account. It worked for a US account. Make sure you are using a valid geographically compatible account. 

0 Kudos
ebrrs
Reel Rookie

Hey @rashmikapil2, how did you create an US developer account? Is this possible to do not being in the US?

0 Kudos
kisuke
Binge Watcher

Glad it worked for you @rashmikapil2. I am in Brazil, with Portuguese language. In that documentation (https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208756908), it says "Voice search and voice control is supported in English, German, Portuguese, and Spanish" but it still didn't work. I'm still waiting for someone from Roku to help us here.

Rookai
Channel Surfer

Hi @kisuke 

I am from US and my account is from US and my default language is English; still I cannot make this component to work properly. The problem is on both DynamicKeyboard and VoiceTextEditBox. Have you found any solution?

Also a help from @RokuJonathanD would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
kisuke
Binge Watcher

In my case, where I am in Brazil, it was to support the Portuguese language. Roku had made it a certification requirement. I discovered a contact at my company who spoke directly to Roku. They confirmed that the Portuguese language was not available and there was no release date. As a result, they abandoned this certification requirement.

0 Kudos
Rookai
Channel Surfer

Thanks for prompt response. Then I guess I will have to wait and see if others have anything to add here.

0 Kudos