Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidb7236
Visitor

Dish Network doesn't have all international Channel

Well,

I have a little problem here, I wanted to publish an international channel that is not available via DishWorld.I reached out to all parties involved and I still don't have an answer to my problem. Roku tells me to contact ottpartner@dish.com 1-877-811-4788 which I called and all the reps tell me they don't have any Latin channels. here is the web address that clearly say the international channels they carry http://dishworldiptv.com/. Now i'm stuck between Roku and DishWorld figuring out how to handle this problem.

Can someone help with this situation I don't need hindu, Arabic, Bangla, or any other Mid eastern channel I want Latin. I have my own content provider but that also has to go thru Dishworld. I was happier with the old system Roku approves it and we are all happy. Now the competition will not approve anything unless they are making money. Welcome to America!!!
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
knuckle
Binge Watcher

Re: Dish Network doesn't have all international Channel

Hi David----------------

unless there has been a huge change in how roku does business the inclusion of dishworld in no way stops you from providing any other foreign language program in a private channel (providing you get the content owners ok) or you from contacting said Latin provider about doing so.Which Latin programming is it you want?
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

OP, you may want to post this in the developers forum. You'll likely get the best advice there.
http://forums.roku.com/viewforum.php?f=34
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
Davidb7236
Visitor

HI Knuckle,

I'm trying to understand how this works. I have my own Latin streaming Content provider but from what i'm reading all streaming foreign languages should go thru DishWorld. I'm not sure if that is correct or is there another person I can contact to clear this up?
0 Kudos
Davidb7236
Visitor

Can someone move this topic please..
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

I'm not sure if that is correct or is there another person I can contact to clear this up?

No, that isn't correct. You can develop your own channel.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
0 Kudos
Davidb7236
Visitor

My Friends please try and post a foreign channel you will be surprised with all the ropes you will need to jump to get it published on Roku.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

"Davidb7236" wrote:
My Friends please try and post a foreign channel you will be surprised with all the ropes you will need to jump to get it published on Roku.

You need to have rights to the content and Roku has to approve foreign language channels, public or private, but that's about it as far as I know.
The requirements can be found in the Developer Agreement.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

Question, if 90% of the foreign shows are already on youtube for my channel, why can't we use the same video on Roku or can we? All we do is increase the size from pc to TV. The 10% I know I must get approval. But how does Dish get the approval then from Youtube?
0 Kudos
Davidb7236
Visitor

Has anyone read this and is there an answer back from Roku besides go fight it out with DishWorld who are actually giving me the finger.
0 Kudos