Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

Device model requirements

A potential viewer is unable to add my private channel to his Roku LT. I think that it could be because the channel exceeds the capability of this older version.

Where can I find a list of device model requirements that tells me the limits of what my channel can contain in order to be on particular device models?

I have looked and am unable to find this list. Thank you very much for your help. 🙂
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
JohnBasedow
Visitor

Re: Device model requirements

Is your channel too large?

Check this out: viewtopic.php?p=338604
0 Kudos
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

My channel is less than 70,000 bytes. So I don't think it is a size problem.

Is there a list of the size limitations for all the versions of the device ?

Thank you 🙂
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If his old roku is full of channels then he would need to either get a newer Roku or remove a channel to make room for yours. At 70K I think every other channel available is larger than that.
Newer roku's don't have any limitation to the number of channels - they can either use an inserted microSD card for cache channel storage, or they remove and install channels as required on-the-fly based on which channels were used last.
It is more likely that your channel is crashing on his roku because you're using incorrect calls for older devices. (SetPort instead of SetMessagePort) for a screen, or other unsupported features on 3.x firmware.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Lock&Lost :mrgreen: -
for better troubleshooting, collect exact model# and firmware# from said viewer, as well as error message if any.
Destruk's notes are true but don't seem to fit your case since Roku LT should be on fw5 and not affected by either "insufficient storage"-on-too-many-channels popup or fw3/older method naming.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

ah...right, Roku LT. Better model naming conventions would be awesome, but alas. Please don't make the next generation of roku's "Roku 1".
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Close Hanlon shave for the marketeer on the naming, indeed.
0 Kudos