Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anaqreon
Reel Rookie

Developer documentation search tool

I am new to Roku channel development, so forgive me if this is something simple I have overlooked. While I'm working through the sample channels and reading the developer documentation, I find it very difficult to find information on various functions and components. When I use the search tool to search for "makeRequest", for example, it returns zero results. What is the best way to search the reference documentation?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Anaqreon
Reel Rookie

Re: Developer documentation search tool

So that makeRequest example was not a good one, because apparently that was just a subroutine defined elsewhere that I did not notice 😕 Still, my question about how to effectively search the documentation remains valid.

0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Developer documentation search tool

A general rule of thumb for the whole internet is that you'll get better results with a raw Google search that with ANY website's internal search feature. You can use Google to search within a website domain to narrow it down.

0 Kudos