Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Category5

Developer account billing services application...

Hello,
My developer account has been sitting with a status of "Roku Billing Services enrollment initiated" for a few months now with no further instructions or notations as to what the status is. It is holding up development on some paid channels we want to launch on Roku.

How long does the approval process normally take?

Thanks!
Robbie
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
Roku Channel Access Code: CAT5TV
www.Category5.TV
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
BradC
Channel Surfer

Re: Developer account billing services application...

shouldn't take that long.

mine got misplaced when I first applied as well. Just email them and they'll get it straightened out or tell you what's up.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
Category5

I have still not been able to get a response from Roku on this. Anyone have a direct way to ping them? Perhaps a developer team email address?

Surprised they don't monitor the forums a little.

And yes, my account still says "Roku Billing Services enrollment initiated". :shock:

Thanks,
Robbie
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
www.Category5.TV
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

They do monitor the forums a little. Your description is very apt in the part "a little":
You'll need to speak louder and repeat yourself a few times to get any reaction. As a coping device i find it useful to think of Roku* as prof. Farnsworth from Futurama - a mostly benevolent but hard of hearing, absent-minded genius. E.g. from S4E8, Anthology of Interest II (the Wizard of Oz what-if, about 19'20" in - alas could not find video snippet alone to link to):
"I am the Professor! Great and, uh, forgetful!"

When you initiated the process, you should have received couple of emails from enrollment at roku.com, one named "Additional Information Required", another "Billing Enrollment Initiated". Search for them in your inbox, see what they ask you to do. If you haven't received them, i'd guess your account has wrong email address provided, emails might have been filtered as spam or not sent due to some glitch. Check situation on your side and if no luck, email the address above asking for assistance.
0 Kudos
Category5

Haha, Thanks EnTerr.
I receive other emails from the dev system (after all, I got my channel published!) but never did receive those. I'll get in touch with them and see what they think.

Thank you!!
Robbie
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
www.Category5.TV
0 Kudos