Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greeneca
Channel Surfer

Developer Portal Switch Account Issue

I have one account that has Administrator access on several other accounts. I have used the 'Switch Dashboard Account' feature successfully many times before but today when I tried to access several of my other accounts I would get the "Access account X ad Administrator" message as usual but I would not have access to anything on the account. No channels, test users, user access, etc. This was not the case with all of the accounts I have access to but several. 

Charles Greene
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, REDSPACE
902 444.3490 x 8947
redspace.com
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Developer Portal Switch Account Issue

I never noticed "Switch account".  Could those other accounts have had nothing but private channels associated with them?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
greeneca
Channel Surfer

Some do only have private channels but logging into the other account directly shows the channels fine. This has also been working fine for as long as they have had the feature (a year or more?) and it only stopped working for some of my accounts not all.

Charles Greene
902 444.3490 x 8947
redspace.com
0 Kudos
greeneca
Channel Surfer

It does not seem to be related to the account I try to switch to. It seems to only work the first time I try and switch and then future account switches will say I am accessing with administrator privileges but show no channels or test users etc.

Charles Greene
902 444.3490 x 8947
redspace.com
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Try to open a ticket at https://partnersuccess.roku.com/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
WhizTom
Reel Rookie

I have this exact issue - 17 customer accounts and I cannot see the apps in any of them since last week.

I submitted a ticket and so far Roku support has argued with me - saying the apps were beta (they are all published publically), that Admin access isn't correct (Roku documentation says Admin is same as root user), and etc.

Please submit a ticket so this issue can get some more attention, thanks!!

0 Kudos