Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcl
Channel Surfer

Developer Page?

Ok, I've tried the key combo multiple times and I don't see a developer page anywhere. My player is using v2.4 - build 350 and reports no other updates available.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Brian
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Developer Page?

That's because it isn't on the player. Did you even read the sticky post at the top of this forum? it has everything you need to know to get started.
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

You are incorrect, or mis-understod. I am enabling the developer installer page on the player using the remote keys.

I finally got it to show up by moving to one of the other channels (not settings) at the top level and then doing the debug display and then the developer enable key combo. I'm not sure how important all of that was, but I tried it from various other places in the UI without it working.

I'm looking forward to playing with this! Thanks to Roku for releasing this!

Brian
0 Kudos
RokuDaveW
Visitor

Note that the key sequence is time limited (i.e. keys must be entered close enough together to be interpreted as a sequence). This doesn't mean that faster is better. A very consistently paced set of button presses where you see the lights on the front blink for each press generally works every time. It shouldn't matter where you are in the app because the first few keys are "Home" anyway. A nice consistent cadence is the most important part.
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

That may have been my problem, I remember pausing as I reread the sequence a couple of times.

Thanks,

Brian
0 Kudos