Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dev42
Visitor

Re: Dev Setup Survey / Inquiry

Are MinGW and Cygwin similar?

@Romans - I'm not sure about using it as a full on dev platform, but if you have an oldish computer, give Puppy Linux a try. Loads completely into ram. Amazingly fast.
0 Kudos
gdahilig
Visitor

"BradC" wrote:
Managed to accidentally delete all my source code a couple years ago. (yay me! wooo! :oops: )

GitHub for source control help 😄

Gene
0 Kudos
BradC
Channel Surfer

"gdahilig" wrote:
"BradC" wrote:
Managed to accidentally delete all my source code a couple years ago. (yay me! wooo! :oops: )

GitHub for source control help 😄

ya. hindsight. 🙂 Wouldn't have even been a problem if I hadn't mistakenly formatted not just one, but two of the wrong drives when shuffling a bunch of computers to friends and relatives during my last upgrade.

And I do have to thank Enterr for making me rethink source control. His post just sat on my brain until I gave in and installed subversion here, which I am sure I wouldn't have done otherwise, but it may end up saving my butt at some point in the future if I manage to really screw something up, which I'm pretty good at doing. 🙂

Thanks Enterr. 😄
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos