Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Roku UI componetns

Hi,

Could someone please point to any documentation or code on how to achieve netflix kind of template, where they have a vertical grid and also a their home screen shows a big image on mouse of the grid.

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Prajwal
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Netflix Roku UI componetns

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Highly appreciate your help. Even i did play around a lot of with the sample UI components described in the documentation. Even i am thinking that lot of features in netflix are customized specifically for netflix and not available for rest.

Will keep looking for a solution.

Thanks again for the help.

Prajwal
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

Re: Netflix Roku UI componetns

Netflix is an HTML 5 app that uses a custom web engine that they designed themselves and utilizes the Roku NDK, which is not available to non-partners. It does not use standard Roku components. You can accomplish a similar look and feel with the 2D API if you're willing to put in the time, but to say that it's a lot of work would be an understatement.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos