Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbondi
Visitor

Deeplink to Amazon Instant Video

Hi,

I have a home-made media center PC app that lets me access all my blu-ray content as well as my online content. For instance, in my Marvel Superheroes section of my collection, my app has links to my many Marvel Blu-rays as well as any online content for Marvel. I can directly access Daredevil Season 2 Episode 1 (Netflix) in 4K on my Roku 4 by having my PC app call the following deeplink on my intranet, and then switch my TV input to the Roku box:

http://10.0.0.51:8060/launch/12?content ... ype=series

The contentId matches the ID on the Netflix website. Similarly, I can do the same for my VUDU content, since the contentId also matches the ID on their website. However, when I try to link to all of my Amazon content using the contentId on the Amazon Instant Video website, it just opens the Amazon channel on Roku to the default page – no content page 😞 For example, I tried the following deeplink to access my latest purchase on Amazon Instant Video ("Justice League vs. Teen Titans”):

http://10.0.0.51:8060/launch/13?content ... Type=movie

However, it did not bring up the content page, rather it just opened the Amazon channel to its default page 😞

Since I understand Amazon content must have deeplinks to support Roku search and direct ad link functionality, I imagine I just need to find the right contentId for Amazon content, since it does not seem to work when I use the ID on the Amazon Instant Video website. I tried contacting Amazon customer support, but after days, I have not gotten out of their basic support loop. My experience has been that the Roku forums provide far better technical support, so I am hoping you can point me into the right direction 🙂

Thanks so much in advance,

Steve
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
vasusrini
Visitor

Re: Deeplink to Amazon Instant Video

Did you find an answer?

Would you be able to jump to a particular position in the video? If so, how?
0 Kudos
sbondi
Visitor

No answer, and I do not see anywhere in the API to jump to a specific time
0 Kudos
sbondi
Visitor

For those of you also seeking such a solution, I just wanted to note that I unsuccessfully tried the following:

1. Prefixing the ASIN with "asin", "asin_", and "asin|"
2. Using the Roku Master Content ID (or Play ID) which is the Gracenote TMS ID - with and without the prefix ("MV" or "SH")
3. Using the Gracenote TMS Root ID
4. Including source=meta-search

It seems unlikely that Amazon would have created a new numbering system for this, and since the functionality must exist because Amazon is supported in the Roku Search and Ad Link functionalities, I am hoping a Roku Tech has the answer for me 🙂
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Steve,

We can not provide contentIDs for channels on our platform. As you've seen in the instances of Netflix and VUDU, there are occasions where you can find a channel's contentIDs without contacting the developer, and you're free to use that information however you'd like. However, if this information is not publicly available then you'll need to work directly with the channel owners to get that information.

It was wise to reach out to Amazon's customer support team — hopefully they'll provide the information you're looking for.
0 Kudos