Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyJax
Reel Rookie

Deep link tester not working for Hulu

Hi 

I use rokus deep link Tester to open Hulu . Since yesterday the deep links to shows and movies don’t go to the show it just shows the Hulu main home screen. 

Netflix also takes a while to open some titles when using deep links sometimes up to 5 minutes . 

itvalways used to work fine till 2 days ago 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Deep link tester not working for Hulu

I think you'll get more help in the Developer area:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/channel-developers
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DevOps
Reel Rookie

Hey,

Did you get this issue resolved? I'm having the same issue as well. It's super weird, Hulu deep linking was working fine for a long time but stopped all of the sudden. 

Does anyone know if this is attributed to Hulu app/product or Roku os/product

0 Kudos
g-se
Streaming Star

According to Roku docs:

Avoid deep linking into other channels: A channel may not deep link into third-party channels.

I read that to mean that you can't deep link to any channel that is not owned by you. Maybe they've just gotten around to disabling it or something.

0 Kudos