Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kid992
Channel Surfer

Deep Linking Sample

When I download the sample deep linking example here

https://github.com/rokudev/deep-Linking-samples/tree/master/Basic_DeepLink_roInput_Sample

I have a problem when I use it with search in Eclipse

If I create a new Brightscript projrect with no template and then copy the files component, image, source etc it works fine

but if I create a new Brightscript project with the RSG Grid Screen template (with Add Search Screen) it hangs with  the S Thrree logo  and Search button and the loading logo so obviously the deep linking fails

------ Compiling dev 'FirstApp' ------
01-07 11:33:50.029 [scrpt.ctx.cmpl.time] Compiled 'FirstApp', id 'dev' in 1 milliseconds
01-07 11:33:50.062 [scrpt.proc.mkup.time] Processed markup dev 'FirstApp' in 32 milliseconds
01-07 11:33:50.062 [beacon.signal] |AppCompileComplete --------> Duration(52 ms), 32.62 KiP
01-07 11:33:50.079 [ui.frm.plugin.running.enter] Entering PLUGIN_RUNNING for dev
01-07 11:33:50.080 [beacon.signal] |AppLaunchInitiate ---------> TimeBase(0)
01-07 11:33:51.478 [scrpt.ctx.run.enter] UI: Entering 'FirstApp', id 'dev'

------ Running dev 'FirstApp' main ------
args= {"instant_on_run_mode":"foreground","lastExitOrTerminationReason":"EXIT_UNKNOWN","source":"auto-run-dev","splashTime":"1600"}
deeplink= <Component: roInvalid>
[GridScreen] Init
[DetailsScreen] init
[DetailsScreen] onVisibleChange
[Search] Init
[HomeScene] Init

Is there any way to get past this hanging screen I obviously was trying to get this to work with the search button thanks

0 Kudos