Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smlsr
Visitor

#DISCONTINUITY - HLS - Audio skipping

RUnning various HLS variations, Ive noticed on consistent issue.

The format works like this, will pre-rolll 30-40 second spot, encoded at 32000Hz AAC. Then a DISCONTINUITY TAG, then the movie, which is as 48000Hz. When this happens either you get NO AUDIO, or AUdio on 3 seconds audio off 1-2 seconds, AUDIO ON 3 seconds, AUDIO OFF 1-2 seconds. If you press any of the REW,FF,REPLAY, buttons, then all plays fine......

Am I missing something here or is the ROKU unable to change the sample rate on audio with a DISCONTINUITY Tag? Wierd because like i said pressing any of the media actions (REW,FF,REPLAY, etc) corrects the problem immediately.

Shawn
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: #DISCONTINUITY - HLS - Audio skipping

Shawn,

Please PM me a sample stream that exhibits this behavior.

Thanks,

--Kevin
0 Kudos
gene000
Visitor

Hi,
Am having the exact same issue with mp3's. Has there been any resolution?

Thanks Gene
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

There may be a resolution in our developer branch.... If you PM me a sample stream I'll test it out for you.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
gene000
Visitor

RokuKevin,
Had jessie PM you a sample file. We get "Event 10" when we track the skips in the console.

Does anybody know what event 10 is and what could be triggering it?

Thanks Gene
0 Kudos
gene000
Visitor

A little more info

I noticed that a few of the mp3 on our channel work. They all were recorded at a higher bitrate most of the recordings(talk radio) is a at a low bitrate. This pattern is consistent so we feel that are code is good, rerecording the files is not an option. so any ideas??

We have set up a private channel for testing purposes if someone wants to see the problem in action let me know and I will IM you our code.

Thanks Gene
0 Kudos
karlharshman
Visitor

Event Type 10 is not documented.

message is empty
Index is 0
Data = " 0"

Does this help?
0 Kudos