Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkipFire
Visitor

Custom screensaver in some parts of app?

Is it possible to have a custom screensaver only in some parts of my app? Part of my app is an audio player and I only want the custom screensaver when it is playing music, otherwise I would want it to use the default screensaver.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Custom screensaver in some parts of app?

I'm pretty sure that it is all or nothing. However, if your custom screensaver exits, I think the flashing Roku screensaver takes over, so you could perhaps have your in-channel screensaver check if it should be running, and exit if it should not.

- Joel
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Joel is correct. If you exit your custom screensaver, the default screensaver will kick in, so you could write a file to tmp:/ any time your custom screensaver should run, and delete it when it shouldn't, then have your RunScreensaver() function check for that file before starting the screensaver.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
SkipFire
Visitor

Thanks, that's a couple of good ideas.
0 Kudos