Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uguisu
Binge Watcher

Re: Custom rowlist with tiles zoomed on focus

Jump to solution

@Archana I would recommend going to https://developer.roku.com/en-ca/docs/references/scenegraph/list-and-grid-nodes/rowlist.md  the section on "RowList xml Component" has a bunch of fields that are usable in the rowlistItem they have to be added as a field if you want to use them. Like what rowListHasFocus has.

<field id="fieldName" type="boolean" onChange= "onFocusPercent" />

So the issue is the rowListHasFocus is always true when the whole rowlist has focus,there some other fields that have just the particular row has focus or the particular item has focus, which should allow you to limit which items will get focus 

Archana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Uguisu I am trying to get blurred image background from poster. I tried some trick which was posted on the Roku community. Where they are using loadWidth and loadHeight and scaling the image to get blurred image. But I observe the image gets pixelated. I can see some random and asymmetric lines over the image.

When I add overlay the lines are more visible. Any idea on this? Can we get good image without these lines.

here is the link : Gaussian Blur
<Poster id = "Background" loadWidth = "8.96" loadHeight = "5.04" height = "720" width = "1280" loadDisplayMode = "scaleToFill" />
<Rectangle id = "hideMe" height = "1080" width = "1920" opacity = "0.7" color = "0x000000"/>

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi i want to make some changes to showFocus() but i am confused. 
i want title Label translation to be changed when item get focus to [0,0] and when it losses focus label goes back to it's position.

how to do that kindly help me

0 Kudos
Archana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@alive-ghost You can handle this on focusPercent observer within in the rowList Item component. You can simply change the translation of the label here.

if m.top.focusPercent >= 0.5 and (m.top.gridHasFocus)
    'set the Label translation here
else
    'reset the Label translation
end if

hamza061
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

hi, can we change itemSpacing of just first item.
like space between 1st and 2nd item is 20px and spacing between all other items are 10px.
can we do this if yes how?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Archana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@hamza061 I don't think that's poosible in roku rowList. For your reference please look into the fields. 

https://developer.roku.com/docs/references/scenegraph/list-and-grid-nodes/rowlist.md#fields

0 Kudos
Uguisu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@hamza061 From what I can tell it can't be done in the xml for the rowlist. However it should be doable with the itemComponent of the rowlist. As long as you add the index to the fields for the itemComponent you should be able to shift all the other items to the right by 10 that aren't the 1st item or 0th index. Now you want to move everything else because moving anything to the left or up in the itemComponent will most likely cut off what you moved due to how ItemComponents work. Also you will have to make sure that the itemSize is correct as well since you will basically be making the item 10 wider with the translation. In the Roku samples
 https://github.com/rokudev/samples/blob/master/ux%20components/lists%20and%20grids/RowListExample/co... 
this would all be done in the showcontent(). Now if you wanted to have the current item that is focused to have the extra space next to it you would do basically the same thing in the showFocus()
Hopefully this helps.