Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alesakndr
Channel Surfer

BS lib provider not found: widevine

Hello Roku team

I face with a strange issue on Roku

Every time when I try to launch the application I get the error:

BS lib provider not found: widevine

After the factory reset of my device, I launch the application only once and then I got these errors again.

If I remove the supporting the wedivine from the manifest and rebuild a couple of times the application launches once.

Could you help me with this issue?

Roku Streaming Stick+ (SN: YH009G498432)

SV: 11.0.0 build 4193-50

Device ID: 213999498432

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BS lib provider not found: widevine

We solved this issue over on the developer Slack, but posting here also.  It looks like Roku OS currently doesn't try to load DRM plugins that only are mentioned in sideloaded channels, so you need another channel installed to your account that uses that DRM in order to have it activated on the device.

For Widevine, having YouTube installed is sufficient to pull that in, and your sideloaded channel will then have its dependency met.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.