Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EngoTom
Visitor

Crop or zoom roVideoScreen?

We've got a library of 4.3 content that we're creating a channel for.

A lot of it is 16.9 with black bars on the top and bottom.

Is it possible to zoom or crop the container as to show it full screen? VLC media player has this option...

I would like to create an additional button on my springboard (Play as 16.9) to achieve this. Currently my (Play) button creates a standard roVideoScreen.

Video content is wmv 700K video, 128K audio, hardware encoded with the digital-rapids encoding suite.

THX

Tom
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
KennyJ
Roku Guru

Re: Crop or zoom roVideoScreen?

"EngoTom" wrote:

I would like to create an additional button on my springboard (Play as 16.9) to achieve this. Currently my (Play) button creates a standard roVideoScreen.

Just a quick suggestion... You may want it to specific that it's cropped... such as "Zoom for 16:9" or something similar. If I saw "Play as 16:9", I'd assume it meant that there were 2 version of the video, a 4:3 and a 16:9.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

16:9 anamorphic mode is a system-wide setting.
0 Kudos
RokuAaron
Visitor

EngoTom--zoom capability seems like a useful feature. We don't have it yet, but I'll make a note to look into it when we get a chance.
0 Kudos
EngoTom
Visitor

I was wondering if this made it into the current SDK?

Thanks

Tom
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

It did make it into the v2.6 SDK.

Please check out the SetDestinationRect(roAssociativeArray rect) method on the roVideoScreen. It's documented in the v2.6 component reference doc.

--Kevin.
0 Kudos