Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavinscott

Create a private channel to display a web page

I want to know if it possible to create a Roku channel and display a web page? We have a company "scoreboard" (web page created to showcase live company stats). Instead of purchasing a fire stick or chrome cast for each TV I wanted to know if it was possible to use the Roku sdk or direct publisher to display. We purchased a bunch of Roku TVs so this would be our preferred method to showcase our scoreboard. 

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Create a private channel to display a web page

There's no built-in HTML processing available.  You could theoretically parse the page and draw it yourself, but it would probably be easier to take the raw data from some server and use Roku components to display it.  Either way it's a lot of work if you're not familiar with Roku development.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
norcaljb
Channel Surfer

Re: Create a private channel to display a web page

I think it would be somewhat easy to do and what I mean by that is, when creating a web site that has a lot of dynamic content, usually the method is to feed the data via a json file or xml for that matter while the rest of the content is static, ir placeholders and headers or what not,

Its basically what all Roku channels are comprised of... 

0 Kudos