Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

ContentNode is missing artist by default :(

Trying to set or retrieve the artist field fails.
The wiki page says "All of the attributes listed in Content Meta-Data[/url:1taltyid][/color] are accessible as fields using dot (.) notation on a ContentNode node object"
Also I see "genre" was renamed to "categories" but "categories" is listed twice in the sdk page, once as an array and once as a string?

Anyway, adding Artist as a custom field for each item works, but as it is standard meta-data for a content node it ought to already be there.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: ContentNode is missing artist by default :(

"destruk" wrote:
Also I see "genre" was renamed to "categories" but "categories" is listed twice in the sdk page, once as an array and once as a string?

I myself was perplexed about `Categories` being dual-typed - and while that can fly in SDK1 (duck typing!), RSG is rather narrow-minded about types ("there could be only one!") - so Categories is expected to be an array.

I can tell you that RAF.setContentGenre() accepts both array of strings or a string (single genre or comma-separated categories). But that's a side note - not up ContentNode's alley.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: ContentNode is missing artist by default :(

Thanks RokuNB!  I did set the categories field using a string and that added it to the array, much like adding director as a string adds it to the directors array, and actor as a string adds it to actors array.
It's a useful feature, if not innately obvious how it is used.
0 Kudos