Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Configure SG In-Channel purchase channel

Hello, I'm working with the SceneGraph SDK channel and enabled In-Channel purchase option when uploading it to my Developer portal but it didn't ask me how long the channel should be on Trial for after installing and didn't ask for the monthly subscription cost ?? So I assume I need to edit the channel code itself with these options to be available to the customer? 
Can someone please show me what to change in the code to enable a 7 day trial period then initiate a monthly subscription after the trial period is over. Thank you
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jeswin
Visitor

Re: Configure SG In-Channel purchase channel

You can do this using the Code..
Use roRegistrySection to store some authentication and verify it whenever the user opens the channel, if it exceeds 7 days you just show a screen by asking the user to subscribe & watch more.
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Okay, I just wasn't sure if it was the developer website when uploading the channel that it was supposed to take care of this and ask me the particulars or if it was in the coding of the channel. Thanks for the info
Now, can I get an example of what file I need to change/edit and what spot in the code, to suit my needs please. I don't have a lot of coding experience. Thanks

EDIT: I noticed in my account that there is a section called "Manage In-Channel Products" if I enable my new channel in this section and set the Trial Period, etc, do I have to do any coding?
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

I noticed in my account that there is a section called "Manage In-Channel Products" if I enable my new channel in this section and set the Trial Period, etc, do I have to do any coding?
0 Kudos