Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Code to have Roku wait for redirection link

Hello, there is some information I currently have the Roku read off a website which does work if I have it read the final destination website directly but what I need to do is send the Roku to a different link/site first that redirects it back to the final destination site which of course works in a web browser but is there some Brightscript code I can use that will allow the Roku to wait until the final destination site is landed on then read the information off that page? if you need more information let me know. Thank you
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Code to have Roku wait for redirection link

roku is not a browser so i don't imagine it handles the browser redirect.  you probably need to parse that first response to get the redirect url then access that with a separate function.
aspiring
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

Roku handles HTTP redirects automatically, if that's what he was referring to, although the way the original question is worded I have no idea what he's referring to.
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Hello, yes, that is what I am referring to (I thought I worded it correctly 🙂 ) but for some reason the redirect is not working correctly. 
Can you please post me the code I need to be able to parse it properly? Thank you
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

The first page lands on a PHP script that redirects to the final destination
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

What is the php script returning to cause a redirection?  If it's using a normal 3xx HTTP status, this should be handled automatically by the Roku firmware.

--Mark
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Sent you a PM to try and explain as I'm not sure what you mean. Thx
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Please post your replies here so that others can benefit from and participate in the conversation.

--Mark
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Ah, where is an "upvote" button when i wish for one 🙂
(one of the few things i miss from S.O. & co)
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Some of the code is proprietary/private to the original developer so don't think I can post it in a public forum. I don't see a thread for Coders for Hire, is there one? I don't mind giving a few hundred dollars a month if I can get the help I need. I didn't get any response from the Coders for Hire thread I posted last month 😞 
0 Kudos