Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wshirley1

Chronic "Console connection is already in use." with Eclipse

Using Eclipse Version: 2019-09 R (4.13.0)

Deplying to a Roku 4 running 10.5.0 build 4187-17

I can deploy to the Roku and the channel runs, but the console gives the above error.

I've rebooted everything (multiple times), including leaving Roku unplugged for 1/2 /hr. or so.

This is a chronic problem and makes development impossible.

There is a problem with either the Roku plug-in or Eclipse itself or the Roku box.  I suspect it's the latter, as I can't connect via telnet either (connection refused).  So, Roku box thinks it's connected, but there's no way to clear it.

Roku need to fix this.

Any solutions out there?  I've tried everything that's been posted on this topic.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Chronic "Console connection is already in use." with Eclipse

I don't use Eclipse, but I've been battling this annoyance for years.  To be clear, does it work the first time after you reboot but not after that?  I just use telnet, but if I don't close the session before I turn off my computer I won't be able to connect again until I reboot the Roku.

If it doesn't even work the first time after a reboot, then I would suspect something with Eclipse.  Before you start Eclipse see if you can telnet to port 8085 immediately after a reboot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos