Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BizarreTV
Visitor

Re: Channels Installed on Roku But Not Showing Up on Home Sc

"EnTerr" wrote:
BizarreTV -
great work on posting that video! A picture is worth a thousand words indeed! I watched it carefully to confirm or reject a suspicion, even installed a frame-by-frame Chrome extension to better see what happens at the very end of "system update".

My suspicion was that player was running out of memory because of a particular issue (known for a year) where some misconfigured NDK apps (typically games) erroneously consume undue amount of storage. That however does not seem to be the case because:
  1. You don't have a lot of games installed and only a moderate number (80 or so) of channels

2. At the end of the "system update" there was no frame popping up (for fraction of a second) of trying to install the new channels

I am guessing therefore what is happening is the web service which the player checks with is returning there is nothing to install. That would not be a firmware 7.1 issue but rather something on the back end, in the "web team" territory - a Roku department which in my experience is by a good magnitude more troubled and troublesome than the core firmware team. Those be the same people which broke the "vanity code" updates of your other topic.

Thanks En Terr for taking time to checkout my video. I am going to try to just be patient and hope that Roku can fix both situations at hand.
I am not sure what else to do at this point. I am at limbo with trying to add channels and trying to change any properties in the Developers site for my channels. I guess we have to play the waiting game.

-Rhonda
0 Kudos
BizarreTV
Visitor

"BizarreTV" wrote:
I have already posted about this whole ordeal...but here it goes again...JUST IN CASE...AND INCLUDES A LINK TO A VIDEO EXPLAINING ...PLEASE WATCH!

Ok...I have posted in the Roku forums in the past several days this issue and contacted Roku Support...but they were no help!
It seems that this is happening to a lot of people...especially my viewers.

Ever since this new Software Update - Software Version:7.1.0 Build:4062 came out this has been happening:
When I or other try to install a channel on our Roku's ,the channel installs but does NOT show up on the Roku at all after
doing a System Update...it just says...System Update for a while and then nothing...it is like it times out or something.
Anyway...we are NOT getting the channels!

I have tried and others have tried to System Restart...Unplug the Roku and NOTHING STILL. What it comes down to
is we only get the channels if we do a FACTORY RESET! (Which I have done and several others had as well,several times!)

I have tested it on any channel...I have deleted channels and made room...STILL NOTHING!
I have had my network checked and firewall and deleted cookies and cache...reset my Gateway Modem and contacted my ISP and they said everything was fine...STILL NOTHING!

I have 4 Roku's (2 Roku 3's ,1 Roku 4 and the NEW streaming stick(which I Love!) and they ALL are doing it.
This has been happening for a lil over a week I think someone told me...but for me a week.

I have made a video trying to explain and show what I have been dealing with myself.

Can't Roku just sort it out with a NEW Roku update or something...this Software Version: 7.1.0 Build:4062 has done something to all 4 of my Roku's since it happened! Please help. I would so appreciate it...contact whomever is the Tech person please. It would be much appreciated.
https://youtu.be/hQHuKGxZqPI

PLEASE HELP!!!
Wicked Thanks,
Rhonda-
BizarreTV

I would like to report after 2 days of grueling testing ...I solved and fixed the problem. I remade the one channel and it is back to normal...it was only my viewers that were having this issue of not being able to see the channels they were installing appear on their Roku screens! All is well...and people are and will be happy again.

Thanks to ALL that have been trying to help ...I really appreciate it..Now I can finally get proper rest!
Night and Have a safe Memorial Day!!!

-Rhonda, BTV
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"BizarreTV" wrote:
I would like to report after 2 days of grueling testing ...I solved and fixed the problem. I remade the one channel and it is back to normal...it was only my viewers that were having this issue of not being able to see the channels they were installing appear on their Roku screens! All is well...and people are and will be happy again.

If the issue was on your side - what was it?
Do tell, so we can learn for the future what to suspect if such symptoms happen to us
0 Kudos
Legolas813
Reel Rookie

I'm having this issue in 2020 with the FandangoNow app. Clicked install on the website and it is nowhere on my Roku, even after restarting.

0 Kudos
abu2013
Reel Rookie

I installed Tablo TV (for Tablo white 4th gen) via the online Channelstore, but when I go to the stick it does not appear. Attempting to add channel from stick only give me the old Tablo app (for Tablo black). I have tried update, system restart, and factory reset. After logging in all my apps appear except for Tablo TV. Again according to Channelstore it is installed on stick.

Any help or suggestion would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos