Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter1478

Channel with image background and redirect to specific Roku app market install

Hi everybody, I wonder what is the best approach for making a channel that has only a background image and when pressing the"ok" button, it redirects to a different existing channel on the roku market, and the user can finally install or add that new channel. Thanks in advance for any hint to achieve these behavior. I'm adding some screenshot for better understanding.

roku 1.jpegroku 2.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Chanel with image background and redirect to specific roku app market install

The creators of Chess Live do a thing where it allows you to add their other gaming channels (blackjack, solitaire etc).  However I'm not sure your idea will pass Roku's approval process, as they would likely reject the channel since it doesn't have content. Not sure its worth trying. Secondly, what exactly is the purpose of it, Roku affiliate marketing or something?  Reason I ask is the 'New Channels' would get flooded with new channels using this tactic.

0 Kudos