Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kane2931
Channel Surfer

Channel not updating

I've make some changes to a private channels and published a new version of the channel.  I try to get my player to update the channel with new version, new version doesn't install.  I always use the same technique in the past, always worked but i think their something on Roku side... Anybody else have this problem ?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Re: Channel not updating

Hello, as long as you have changed the Build number in the manifest higher than the previous number then that should be all that needs to be done. 
0 Kudos
kane2931
Channel Surfer

I've changed the version number, was 1.0, now it's 1.3.  And on dev channel page it's indicated that version 1.3 is published.  Weird.
0 Kudos
zen252
Visitor

Same problem. I've deleted it, recreated it, and new versión shows.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

To force an update you would go to the roku home screen, settings, system, system update, check now.
On the home screen where your channel is if you highlight it and press " * " for options it will show you the version and build number you have installed - which is taken from the manifest file in the package you published.
0 Kudos
gpopple
Visitor

After posting a case with Roku via their Roku Partner Success site (https://partnersuccess.zendesk.com/hc/en-us) I found that they are having issues with Direct Publisher sites updating.  They have been very responsive and here is the latest:

"Turns out, this is a known bug with channels on Direct Publisher. I've updated the ticket with your channel details and reached out to the assigned engineer to see when this issue should be resolved. I'll let you know once I hear from him."

Hopefully it'll be cleared up soon.  I have a lot of content to get up there!
0 Kudos