Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMT
Reel Rookie

Channel Returns to Home Screen

I work for a small television station and we have a ROKU channel that is having issues (Blue Mountain TV). Last Friday when I checked on the channel it was working fine. Yesterday we noticed that the channel would fail to load and return to the home screen. There is a brief error message that pops up that reads, "Network Error: There is a problem connecting to the network. Please go to Settings to check your network settings." The network settings are fine. All other apps launch and play perfectly fine. My developer has checked our channel and it is reporting no issues on the back end. I have an Express 4K+ on loan and the channel loads and works fine on that device. But my express is having issues. There are a few other people reporting the same issue. Not sure what devices they are using. I've tried every fix I could find in the forum with no luck. I uninstalled the app, restarted the device and reinstalled the app with no luck. I even took the batteries out of the remote and used the remote app on my phone. None of these things have resolved the issue. Below is the data of the device that is not able to connect. I can include data for the device that can connect if that would be helpful.

Model: 3930RW - Roku Express

Serial Number - X00400291URW

Software Version - 10.0.0 Build 4209-AE

Device ID - S00931291URW

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel Returns to Home Screen

@BMT 

Installed and tested this channel for you on Ultra 4660, Express 4k+ 3941, and an Insignia RokuTV and all received a slight loading circle, the quick flashing network error message and then crash back to Home Screen so issue is not with your Roku Express device.  

Your developer may need to head over to Roku's Developer forum for some help on this one if not seeing issue.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/bd-p/roku-developer-program

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BMT
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the information. We'll work on it from that end.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@BMT 

Looks like you got it working.  Nice Channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BMT
Reel Rookie

Thanks! The strange thing is I'm not sure what fixed it. But it is working and for that we are grateful.

0 Kudos