Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrksutter
Visitor

Channel Name Not Available (renamed private channel)

Hello,

We have had a private channel with the desired name of our new public channel - MorningStar Video. Today I changed the name of the private channel so that it would not conflict with the public channel.

However, when we try to publish the public channel, it says that the channel name has already been taken,

I believe this is a bug, as I have duplicated the issue with our staging channel.

Could anyone help? I have heard we need to contact Developer Support with this issue, but have not found a way to do so. Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel Name Not Available (renamed private channel)

"mrksutter" wrote:
I have heard we need to contact Developer Support with this issue, but have not found a way to do so.

developer[at]roku[dot]com
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Channel names are unique. Renaming the channel using the Englished localized name field does not rename it in our database. If you want to use the same name, first delete the private channel.

- Joel
0 Kudos
mrksutter
Visitor

"RokuJoel" wrote:
Channel names are unique. Renaming the channel using the Englished localized name field does not rename it in our database. If you want to use the same name, first delete the private channel.

- Joel

Would it be possible for you to rename the private channel in the database? I have sent an email to developer@roku.com asking the same question. Bottom line we do not wish to force customers to switch from the private channel to the public channel.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

You may want to wait for someone like theEndless to confirm this but I did this recently and what you can do is go to the private channel description page, change the name and then upload a new pkg (it can be the current one) and then then channel will change to that new name in the database.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos