Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Channel Feed Creation Poll

I am the developer of the Channel Feed Manager software suite of tools.  With the demise of Direct Pubilsher, I was wondering if it makes sense to continue the development of this software.  CFM was originally written for DP channel creators, but, SDK channel developers may benefit from it also.

I'm trying to gauge the interest in this software before deciding to stop development and close the associated repository.

Please let me know if these tools are something that would be of benefit to you as an SDK channel developer.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Channel Feed Creation Poll

How's this work?  Does SDK take a similar JSON or MRSS feed file?   Or will it be a complete rewrite?  Looking at the SDK template it 'seems' similar.  The content & package is a near coding from scratch. 

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

My understanding is that an SDK channel uses a feed file to populate a "content" node.  The "content" node is used to fill the "scene graph" object.

The feed file is typically a JSON file that matches the DP schema.  I don't think there are any restrictions on the format of the feed file.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
stephend
Binge Watcher

Having built SDK channel in the past, after COVID, I am now relearning from scratch.
I don't even remember how to update my SDK channels, so any help will be appreciated

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.