Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jzela
Visitor

Channel Creation Online API

Is there a developer API (SOAP or REST or something) for creating and mantaining channels? Basically I want to able to write something to automate "Add Channel" process on the developer site for me.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Channel Creation Online API

There is no web services interface for this.

A developer must use a web browser to submit packages through the developer site for publishing to the channel store.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
TommyTheKid
Visitor

It would be nice if, when editing a channel, it would leave the artwork in place unless I choose to change it. Its a pain to select 3 files every time I want to put up the channel. Of course maybe I publish too often 🙂 .. I recently have tried to do semi-live beta testing using the private channel feature. I too would like to have a "make upload" type of option to upload the channel to Roku. I tried to use "make pkg" but it uses invalid xargs arguments (on OSX), so, I am stuck before I ever get started. I am sure I could either fix the Makefile or install gnuxargs or something :p.

Tommy
0 Kudos
supersecretuser
Channel Surfer

"TommyTheKid" wrote:
It would be nice if, when editing a channel, it would leave the artwork in place unless I choose to change it.

You can just leave the artwork in place. It's not obvious, but you don't have to upload new art, just the .pkg
0 Kudos