Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Builder, for creating Roku channels without code

Want a Roku channel but don't want to hassle with writing code? Check out my new project:
Channel Builder

It's a work in progress, you can't actually log in yet. I'm creating my own Roku channel for some new educational content, I thought it would be fun to make the system I'm developing into a service that others can use, too.

What do you think? Which features do you want?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
bandal
Visitor

Re: Channel Builder, for creating Roku channels without code

I do like the Control part if the zip file is sent to the buyer. Plus, if a developer wants to modify his existing working code to do something else and needs your service to complete the task for a price that would be great too. But, you would need a Plan made for this type of work versus the monthly plans as we most likely have our own services running already.
DA
0 Kudos

bandal - Thanks for the ideas, good stuff!

Based on the feedback I'm getting, I'm adding more pricing options for the case where you want to host the videos yourself. I'm also adding pricing for getting the zip file with all the channel assets so you can host everything yourself; there is a discount if you start out with the monthly plan and then migrate to doing everything yourself. I'll update the pricing page tomorrow.

Today I added a "demo" channel so you can see how the channel you would make could work. Right now it just shows the category navigation, it doesn't actually connect to video yet. Add it by going to:
https://owner.roku.com/add/ChannelBuilder
0 Kudos

Hey Nathan, looks cool, just added it to our channels, and I'll show my husband after work. I also just emailed you via your first link as we're definitely interested in exploring a Roku channel ourselves. We're Christian children's authors, and my husband an illustrator, and we've been involved with TV a few years. Just got on a new Roku station last week, the Victory Television Network, so ran out and got a box, and were surprised that out of the about 150 religious stations none were dedicated to children's programming. Kev's illustrated about 200 books, so we have plenty of material, so we thought, maybe we should make our own station? We're happy to be part of VTN, she's making great progress (ranked fourth in religious stations in just a week), but it doesn't hurt to also explore creating our own station strictly for Christian children's programming. I sure don't want to fool around with tech stuff though, that's way beyond me, so I was glad to see your post. Taking our time on exploring all this, but I'd def like some more info from you that I can share with Kev. Here's his blog if you want to see some of his work: http://kevinscottcollierhomepage.blogspot.com/
Kristen 🙂
0 Kudos

Hey Nathan, clicked your join tab, tried to sign up, but didn't get an email. I'd like to sing up for your early program, any idea as to when you'll go live?
0 Kudos