Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanno
Reel Rookie

Channel Behavior Analysis errors - but not applicable?

Jump to solution

My first channel, so hopefully I'm not missing something obvious but have searched!

I have built a simple channel that shows a list of ferry terminals on the left and public camera images on the right. The images are shown in a poster node. The channel can be navigated with the remote, or if left idle it will slowly rotate through images for the selected terminal. There is no video in the channel. There is also no login or initial ux, the main page shows immediately.

I am failing Channel Behavior Analysis for Play Performance with the error pasted below. Which makes sense --- there is no video to start and so it appears to the automation that nothing has happened. But I don't know how to fix it because the cert requirement really isn't applicable. I tried firing beacons after displaying images, but they fail at runtime because they are supposed to come from the video player (I think).

I am most definitely not the only channel to behave in this manner, so there must be a solution. Does anybody here have experience that they could share? Thank you!

---S

Error: "While watching media player events, nothing was found. The active application WA Ferrycams (dev) shows "Anacortes" as the active element. Suggest looking if not logged in or channel UI has changed"

("Anacortes" is the first item in the list of ferry terminal names and it is indeed the active element. The image appears almost immediately but that poster is never "selected" by design.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
necrotek
Roku Guru

Re: Channel Behavior Analysis errors - but not applicable?

Jump to solution

In the dev dashboard for your channel under 'channel store info', try changing the category to 'apps'

If that does not work try contacting Roku partner success 'partnersuccess@roku.com' and see if they will manually publish the channel. My channels are games and I had to write partners success to have the video player requirement removed for this category.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
necrotek
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

In the dev dashboard for your channel under 'channel store info', try changing the category to 'apps'

If that does not work try contacting Roku partner success 'partnersuccess@roku.com' and see if they will manually publish the channel. My channels are games and I had to write partners success to have the video player requirement removed for this category.

seanno
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! I looks like it will require manual intervention; I'll contact them. Much appreciated! ---S

0 Kudos