Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
evilmax17
Level 7

Change title/text color on roMessageDialog?

Is there a way to change the title/text color of an roMessageDialog?

I'm trying to use ThemeType = "generic-dark", but it makes the text unreadable.

Thanks!
My Roku Channels:
Viddler - viddler.com
Tested Fan - tested.com | Jamie & Adam
This is my next - theverge.com
1080p Showcase - RIP
Whiskey Media - RIP
======================
http://www.binarymoustache.com
0 Kudos
6 Replies
destruk
Level 10

Re: Change title/text color on roMessageDialog?

It's good that you are using "generic-dark" as that is the only valid value besides "default" that you could use.
Pages 26-27 of the component reference guide list all the possible color values you can access for your theme's dialogs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
evilmax17
Level 7

Re: Change title/text color on roMessageDialog?

"destruk" wrote:
It's good that you are using "generic-dark" as that is the only valid value besides "default" that you could use.
Pages 26-27 of the component reference guide list all the possible color values you can access for your theme's dialogs.

I don't see text/title color for dialogs on pages 26-27, do you? Unless I missed something.

The docs have been a little flaky in the past when it comes to themes, which is why I'm asking.
My Roku Channels:
Viddler - viddler.com
Tested Fan - tested.com | Jamie & Adam
This is my next - theverge.com
1080p Showcase - RIP
Whiskey Media - RIP
======================
http://www.binarymoustache.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
destruk
Level 10

Re: Change title/text color on roMessageDialog?

"evilmax17" wrote:
"destruk" wrote:
It's good that you are using "generic-dark" as that is the only valid value besides "default" that you could use.
Pages 26-27 of the component reference guide list all the possible color values you can access for your theme's dialogs.

I don't see text/title color for dialogs on pages 26-27, do you? Unless I missed something.

The docs have been a little flaky in the past when it comes to themes, which is why I'm asking.


The only COLOR attributes for themes are there. You can try those and see if they work on dialog screens. If not, then you're just plain out of luck.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
TheEndless
Level 7

Re: Change title/text color on roMessageDialog?

"destruk" wrote:
"evilmax17" wrote:
"destruk" wrote:
It's good that you are using "generic-dark" as that is the only valid value besides "default" that you could use.
Pages 26-27 of the component reference guide list all the possible color values you can access for your theme's dialogs.

I don't see text/title color for dialogs on pages 26-27, do you? Unless I missed something.
The docs have been a little flaky in the past when it comes to themes, which is why I'm asking.

The only COLOR attributes for themes are there. You can try those and see if they work on dialog screens. If not, then you're just plain out of luck.

Actually, there have been a number of undocumented theme attributes discussed/uncovered in this forum. It's also not uncommon at all for there to be typos in the documentation, either (particularly with the theme attributes). I'm also quite interested in how to change the color of the text on the "generic-dark" dialogs, as it's not obvious in the documentation, nor is it realistic for us to try every single possible theme attribute to see if any affect it. I've abandoned using it in a couple of my channels for this very reason.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuKevin
Level 9

Re: Change title/text color on roMessageDialog?

The generic-dark theme has an effect on dialogs and the keyboard screen. The keyboard screen allows you to override some of the parameters of this them as documented in the component reference.

I'm not aware of any undocumented theme parameters to override generic-dark dialog text...

--Kevin
0 Kudos
Highlighted
TheEndless
Level 7

Re: Change title/text color on roMessageDialog?

"RokuKevin" wrote:
The generic-dark theme has an effect on dialogs and the keyboard screen. The keyboard screen allows you to override some of the parameters of this them as documented in the component reference.

I'm not aware of any undocumented theme parameters to override generic-dark dialog text...

--Kevin

If you can't change the dialog text, then the "generic-dark" theme is pretty useless with any channel that requires dialogs, because it uses dark gray text on a dark gray dialog. It's not an issue with the Netflix channel which uses the dark theme, so we were/are hoping there's a way to override it that's exposed in the SDK...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos