Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

Change in color of static image on ROKU

I am working on Roku application and sending static images to Roku for display of weather info.

If this.content.WeatherImagePath <> Invalid
this.bitmaps[this.content.WeatherImagePath] = {
       request: Invalid,
tries: 1,
       bitmap: CreateObject("roBitmap", this.content.WeatherImagePath),
done: True
   }
End If

I am using this images to display:

But I getting color of sun in Blue.
 for details of images (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42413659/roku-sometime-changes-the-color-of-static-images

Memory detail is:

Available memory 14927808 used 24072192 max 39000000
What can be issue ?
15 REPLIES 15
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Change in color of static image on ROKU

i've seen that before often, with blue images they would appear orange, basically the colors appear inverse.  After messing around with it a few times I chalked it up to a firmware bug, i don't know but seems as if there's something about the image preparation that makes it more or less likely to happen, since it always happened for certain images for me.
aspiring
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"usman_itsrelevant" wrote:
I am working on Roku application and sending static images to Roku for display of weather info

Can you provide the specific image file being used, e.g. by giving a link to the file on your webserver or public dropbox?

Then, on what Roku model(s) do you see the problem? If you can provide the Model info from the Settings / System / About that will help.
0 Kudos
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

"RokuKC" wrote:
"usman_itsrelevant" wrote:
I am working on Roku application and sending static images to Roku for display of weather info

Can you provide the specific image file being used, e.g. by giving a link to the file on your webserver or public dropbox?

Then, on what Roku model(s) do you see the problem?  If you can provide the Model info from the Settings / System / About that will help.

In topic i have added an image and link is also there for output images.
I am facing this issue on almost all models.
But sometimes roku displays images as it should means color of sun is yellow. but sometimes color of sun is bule.
EnTerr
Roku Guru

What API are you using (e.g. roScreen, roImageCanvas, roSgScreen/RSG)?
It will help if you share specific model number (e.g. 3600x, 2700x...) and firmware version where you "get the blues".
Also, i am not sure that imgur (what you use for to share the image) doesn't mangle the image even a little and that might be significant, e.g. i see it's a png with alpha.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

What API are you using (e.g. roScreen, roImageCanvas, roSgScreen/RSG)?
It will help if you share specific model number (e.g. 3600x, 2700x...) and firmware version where you "get the blues".
Also, i am not sure that imgur (what you use for to share the image) doesn't mangle the image even a little and that might be significant, e.g. i see it's a png with alpha.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

I looked at stackoverflow and I didn't see an image of this graphic displaying correctly, the ones that were yellow were different graphics. Obviously it shows correctly here. I don't see a reason but it does appear that the white/grey of the clouds is correct which rules out any bizarre channel swapping in the file or the Roku. Have you tried starting with a fresh graphic and pasting the layer in?
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

"squirreltown" wrote:
it does appear that the white/grey of the clouds is correct which rules out any bizarre channel swapping in the file or the Roku.

Well, yellow is the inverse of blue if you subtract each component from 255 (yellow = ffff00, blue = 0000ff), while gray is approximately a self inverse if it's close to 808080.  White is harder to explain, that should change to black under this theory.

Or it could have something to do with the last verse of Scarlet Begonias🙂

--Mark
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"RokuMarkn" wrote:

Well, yellow is the inverse of blue if you subtract each component from 255 (yellow = ffff00, blue = 0000ff), while gray is approximately a self inverse if it's close to 808080.  White is harder to explain, that should change to black under this theory.

Or it could have something to do with the last verse of Scarlet Begonias.   🙂

--Mark

Exactly! I did check the inverse and it's a considerably darker shade that what's showing. 
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"squirreltown" wrote:
Exactly! I did check the inverse and it's a considerably darker shade that what's showing. 

can alfalpha channel affect that?
0 Kudos