Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Level 7

Change Public Channel to Private

Hello,
What should we do in order to change visibility of a channel from public to private?

Thank you,
Ionatan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BradC
Level 7

Re: Change Public Channel to Private

If it's been already publishd, Roku has to do this for you.

I think if you hit the remove channel button it will contact them.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

"BradC" wrote:
I think if you hit the remove channel button it will contact them.

Do NOT hit the remove channel button! Unless they've changed the behavior, it will prompt you with a confirmation message, then delete the channel from the channel store. Assuming you want to keep your current users, you're much better off contacting RokuJoel directly for help.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
BradC
Level 7

I think they changed the behavior then, I hit the remove channel button not too long ago to remove a channel and roku contacted me about it with instructions on what to do.

Better to be safe than sorry, though.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos