Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Roku Guru

Change Public Channel to Private

Hello,
What should we do in order to change visibility of a channel from public to private?

Thank you,
Ionatan
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
BradC
Channel Surfer

Re: Change Public Channel to Private

If it's been already publishd, Roku has to do this for you.

I think if you hit the remove channel button it will contact them.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"BradC" wrote:
I think if you hit the remove channel button it will contact them.

Do NOT hit the remove channel button! Unless they've changed the behavior, it will prompt you with a confirmation message, then delete the channel from the channel store. Assuming you want to keep your current users, you're much better off contacting RokuJoel directly for help.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
BradC
Channel Surfer

I think they changed the behavior then, I hit the remove channel button not too long ago to remove a channel and roku contacted me about it with instructions on what to do.

Better to be safe than sorry, though.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos