Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled ABC Soaps heading online-via roku perhaps?

Would someone at roku please check into this-it would indeed be a great asset channel to carry,especially with the soap fans like me-according to the news article:

'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' will continue beyond their final ABC airdates, as previously reported. The soaps are heading online with a new multi-year and multi-platform deal with Prospect Park.

Under the new deal, the two soaps will live online and will be accessible via any Internet-enabled device.(WILL this include ROKU?) They'll be the same length and format, and, according to the press release, the same quality.

Technology changes the way the public can and will view television shows," the statement continued. "Now that there are so many devices available in addition to television sets, viewers are taking advantage of watching shows wherever they are and on any number of devices. The driving force in making the switch and attracting new audiences is to have outstanding programs that people want to watch. We believe that by continuing to produce the shows in their current hour format and with the same quality, viewers will follow the show to our new, online network."

'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' creator Agnes Nixon said she was happy ABC found a home for her two soaps and she's excited for the future with Prospect Park.

Would be great for a third party developer or ROKU itself to beat everyone to the punch and get this exciting piece of original content to its lineup.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
jamia6862

Re: Cancelled ABC Soaps heading online-via roku perhaps?

I agree. I would love to be able to rematch some of the old soaps that have been cancelled. 

0 Kudos