Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobSMS
Visitor

Can we get a Channel backlog update?

I just had a client email me losing his mind because a newsletter has told him that the backlog for approving updates & new channels is over 2 months long? Is this true or just a miscommunication?

I realize there is only 2 of you that handle updates, but 2 months seems a bit excessive.
Need Apps Templates? Content Management for OTT/IPTV? Check me out @ http://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Ace
Visitor

Re: Can we get a Channel backlog update?

I will 2nd that question! Waiting for approval on B-Movie TV as well.
0 Kudos
RobSMS
Visitor

A simple yes or no would suffice, or a response to an email? Anything?
Need Apps Templates? Content Management for OTT/IPTV? Check me out @ http://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
jasonbio
Visitor

I've seen several posts from employees around the forums that confirm their backlog is extremely long right now. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can. Nothing else to do but be patient. It's not like there were any guarantees or anything. You can always make a private channel under an alternate name in the meantime if you need to start distributing ASAP
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"jasonbio" wrote:
I've seen several posts from employees around the forums that confirm their backlog is extremely long right now. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can. Nothing else to do but be patient. It's not like there were any guarantees or anything. You can always make a private channel under an alternate name in the meantime if you need to start distributing ASAP

No need to publish a separate channel. The generated channel code for the submitted channel should install fine, and will automatically update when the channel gets approved, so the end users don't need to install a second instance of the channel.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Ace
Visitor

Well in the past 2 weeks they got 14 NEW channels published. That's basically 1 a day. Over half of them were churches. So if the backlog is over 100 we have a 3 month wait! :?
0 Kudos
jasonbio
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
"jasonbio" wrote:

No need to publish a separate channel. The generated channel code for the submitted channel should install fine, and will automatically update when the channel gets approved, so the end users don't need to install a second instance of the channel.

Did not know that, thanks for the info!
0 Kudos
Ace
Visitor

The guys are really kicking ass now!! They published over 28 channels in 4 days!!! AWESOMENESS!!!! :mrgreen: 8-)
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Why don't you guys (developer/publishers) post your approval wait times? A "self-service" tracker akin to how people did that in the early days of iOS, before Apple added stats at https://developer.apple.com/support/app ... pp-review/

No name of channel - just share date submitted, date approved, type of submission (new or update), maybe if there were any hiccups (sent back by QA, extra days). Something like:
Submitted: 7 Messidor 2015
Type: new
Delays: QA sent back to address overscan issues, 2 extra days + re-submit
Approved: 28 Messidor 2015
or
Submitted: 20 Thermidor 2015
Type: update
Approved: 1 Fructidor 2015

That would be very helpful to developer peers gauging the current wait queue length, so do volunteer that info, please!
0 Kudos