Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Can’t get any sense out of partner success

Jump to solution

I have a channel that has been published and in the channel store for years, no issues. I have multiple subscribers and it has generated a constant income. It’s very much a public channel and so has passed all the tests required of it when it was published.

now I get an email to say it’s a beta channel and it will be removed. But it’s not.

yes, when I look in the dashboard now a beta marker is now showing but it’s never been there before. My understanding is a beta channel is just what it suggests a non-public test channel. Which my channel definitely us not. It’s public, with subscribers and a years long billing history.

im trying to get partner success to listen but all I get is told that it’s a beta channel and to read the docs, no one is listening. I’m dealing with Jen and she is locked into full robot script reader mode.

how can I get help on this, it’s obviously a database door where my public channel has had this beta flag turned on in error and it needs repairing before I loose all my subscribers.

why must getting support always get to the stage where I have to scream?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Re: Can’t get any sense out of partner success

Jump to solution

It turns out partner success (ha!) decided to change my channel to a beta channel some time ago.

only the decided not to bother telling me because I’m a mind reader obviously now!

well, I think that stinks.

now they send out a letter telling me my channel will be removed in a month but subs deleted 21 days before that, so in essence, rewrite and get your channel approved in 10 days.

is that fair?

I don’t think do but thats Roku now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Re: Can’t get any sense out of partner success

Jump to solution

It turns out partner success (ha!) decided to change my channel to a beta channel some time ago.

only the decided not to bother telling me because I’m a mind reader obviously now!

well, I think that stinks.

now they send out a letter telling me my channel will be removed in a month but subs deleted 21 days before that, so in essence, rewrite and get your channel approved in 10 days.

is that fair?

I don’t think do but thats Roku now.

0 Kudos