Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thegauntlet
Visitor

Can't Locate package

I made a channel today, put my roku into dev mode, uploaded the zip and everything works great. I can navigate the channels, stream video, etc. The issue I am having is when I go to publish. The owners.roku.com add channel area wants me to upload the .pkg file. From what I understand, it should be on my roku box when I goto the url of the box. There is no download link for the package. What did I do wrong? Everything else works great though. I am guessing it is an issue with the password. I telnet in, type 'genkey' and get a password. When I use it, I get invalid password errors. I tried copy and paste and enter by hand several times.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't Locate package

I'm guessing you didn't save the PKG file to your computer.

Works fine for me. Do this - telnet to your roku, port 8080, type genkey
When it's done, right-click the window, select all, then press enter on the keyboard.
Open notepad
Click edit/paste or control-V
Highlight the password and paste it into the packager field.
Give the app a name/version, and click Package
When it says success, click the blue hyperlink to the left and save the file *.pkg
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Can't Locate package

Please go step by step through the Channel Packaging and Publishing Guide Section 3.0. Note that when the .pkg file is created, there is a link on the packaging page that you click on to download the package from the Roku box.

--Kevin
0 Kudos