Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramon1604
Visitor

Can not modify app in the same ROKU

I installed an app in my ROKU in developer mode. Something was wrong in XML file which I loaded into ROKU by "mistake". I corrected the XML file, upoloaded to my S3 and removed the XML file from the app and reinstalled to ROKU. The ROKU keeps showing me as if the the first app is the one installed. What is wrong ?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: Can not modify app in the same ROKU

The xml file could be cached there - pull the power cord to the roku and plug it back in. - also make sure your app is loading the xml from S3 now, and that the xml file isn't in the zip. (just to be sure)...and make sure the file on S3 actually is different. Sometimes I have 2 or 3 copies of files and inadvertently uploaded the wrong one, so I end up checking everything before running a test/demo. 🙂
0 Kudos
ramon1604
Visitor

I made the mistake to upload the xml folder to the roku when I realized that it should be read from S3. Fixed the app and reloaded and keeps like it was the first one. I will reset the roku in the underneath botton to restore to unpacking state. I tried unplugging it and it stays the same.
0 Kudos
ramon1604
Visitor

Is there a way to cleanup cached files in the roku without reset ?
0 Kudos
destruk
Streaming Star

0 Kudos