Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tasevski
Binge Watcher

CSAI - Prevent video manifest refetch after ad block ends

Is there any way to prevent the RAF/VideoNode from re-fetching stream manifest each time ad-block ends in client-side ad inserted stream?

What happens right now is:

• The user starts playback (with ads)
  • Preroll ads start playing
  • Once they're done, the main content manifest is fetched, and we hit the DRM server to get the DRM token
  • Midroll ads start playing
  • Once they're done, the main content manifest is fetched, and we hit the DRM server to get the DRM token

It would be really great if there is a way to prevent fetching new manifest and DRM key each time the ad block is over. I've been looking through the docs and couldn't find anything that could enable this functionality, I hope that I've missed it somehow.

I've also tried with CSAS (client-side ad stitched) stream, but couldn't make it work, and not sure if it can stitch DRM protected stream with mp4 ads as the documentation is relly scarce. I'm using DASH with PlayReady DRM. Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos