Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speechles
Roku Guru

CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: [init_ca_bundle_stat

Error 500: Internal Server Error
CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: [init_ca_bundle_stat: stat /common/certs/ca-bundle.crt: No such file or directory
plugin_package: /build/work/f8886cd74a16a2f0/os/RokuOS/Device/Source/Crypto/Random.cpp:47: void Roku::Random::initialize_mainapp(): Assertion `len == (int)sizeof(rint)' failed.

Um.. Roku? Why can't I package my application on your new Roku Express 4K+? I've done the genkey. I've done the packager. Then up comes this... How? Should I just use another device or is this something you haven't included on the device? Is there some plugin/app I need to download from the Roku store to fix this? Obviously the firmware doesn't include everything on this new device. Help.. lol.

I do have other devices but I want to package on this exact device. Is it possible?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: [init_ca_bundle_stat

If it's brand new make sure you check for updates a few times.  I've seen it where I check for updates and it seems to find something new even though I just checked for updates a minute earlier.  Not much could possibly work if "/common/certs/ca-bundle.crt" is missing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

Re: CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: [init_ca_bundle_stat

Still same problem. No update available still cannot package anything.

Works fine on my other Roku Express non-4K, my other 2 Roku TV 4K, and the other 3 Roku Ultra. Also works fine on Roku Streaming Stick+. It just isn't working to package on the device I want to target...

Roku Express 4K+ 3941X
10.01 - build 4180-CR

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I still think that "stat /common/certs/ca-bundle.crt: No such file or directory" looks awfully suspicious.  Did you try something like "?listdir("common:/certs/")" from within the console?

We have to get someone like @RokuJonathanD to look into it since he seems to be the only Roku employee that ever visits this forum.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
keen
Streaming Star

same problem with my new express 4k+.

Error 500: Internal Server Error
CGI program sent malformed or too big (>16384 bytes) HTTP headers: [init_ca_bundle_stat: stat /common/certs/ca-bundle.crt: No such file or directory
plugin_package: /build/work/2ac1d87d0094fce3/os/RokuOS/Device/Source/Crypto/Random.cpp:47: void Roku::Random::initialize_mainapp(): Assertion `len == (int)sizeof(rint)' failed.
]  

X01600VX6EU3 (Roku Express 4K+ dev kit - 10.5.0.4174)

Last updated on 10/5/21.

0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

Restart the 4K Roku express. After reboot go to the DEV page for the Roku development. After you log in to the DEV page on your Roku you can telnet into the Roku device on port 8085. While on telnet you can now try to push the package to the Roku. My 4K Roku Express started to accept packages after I did this.

keen
Streaming Star

thanks.  no luck after a reboot, dev web UI login, telnet to 8085 (seeing the live log), re-cram.. packager still throws the same error.

my roku3 with 10.0 works fine... I haven't tried my other 10.5 rokus

0 Kudos

@speechles wrote:

Restart the 4K Roku express. After reboot go to the DEV page for the Roku development. After you log in to the DEV page on your Roku you can telnet into the Roku device on port 8085. While on telnet you can now try to push the package to the Roku. My 4K Roku Express started to accept packages after I did this.

Me also facing the same problem. I try this but still the same problem.

0 Kudos
m13ur13
Reel Rookie

Same here.

0 Kudos

Hi, I'm experiencing this same issue.

Device: 
Roku Express 4K+ 3941X - 10.5.0.4201

0 Kudos