Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcalhoun
Visitor

Bug in hls dvr features?

I have been playing with a few hls feeds in the simple video player app that comes with the sdk. I chose the simple video player app because it is a very basic video player without much unnecessary code. The pause/play works as expected. Rewind and fast forward works as expected until you rewind then fast forward to back to the point of being live. Once you have skipped back in the playback and then skipped forward to live, RR and FW no longer work correctly. I have tested a number of hls links including the nasa link that a lot of devs use for testing. They all behave identical.

Has anyone else experienced this? It is exhibiting the same behavior in the normal video player example app as well and since it is doing it with multiple hls links from multiple content providers and in multiple sample apps, I am thinking it may be a Roku bug.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Bug in hls dvr features?

Can you provide more details on what you mean by "no longer work correctly"? In my experience, jumping around in an HLS stream seems to be segment boundary specific (always jumps to the beginning of the nearest segment), so it could be more or less accurate depending on the segment length being used. Would that explain the behavior you're experiencing?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos