Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewManLiving
Visitor

Brightscript Deployment Wizard password not enabled

Installed latest brightscript plugin several days ago. This morning got an error message when attempting to authenticate the box. Reset developer mode with new password. The project wizard is supposed to enable the password box for me to enter my password - it does not. Went in via browser and logged into box with no problem am able to side into box using the browser. How can I get the project wizard to enable my password entry. Using Eclipse Version: Helios Service Release 2
Build id: 20110218-0911
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
malloys
Visitor

Re: Brightscript Deployment Wizard password not enabled

"NewManLiving" wrote:
Installed latest brightscript plugin several days ago. This morning got an error message when attempting to authenticate the box. Reset developer mode with new password. The project wizard is supposed to enable the password box for me to enter my password - it does not. Went in via browser and logged into box with no problem am able to side into box using the browser. How can I get the project wizard to enable my password entry. Using Eclipse Version: Helios Service Release 2
Build id: 20110218-0911

You don't need to do anything to enable the password field - the password box enables automatically whenever authentication was required by the Roku box, but failed using the currently displayed password (if any).
Note, authentication failure isn't the only error message possible during export - if eclipse can't connect to the box at all, you'll get a different message.

So, first things first...
What is the exact error message you get when trying to export your project to that Roku box ( a screenshot would be best, but the specific text will do )?
0 Kudos
NewManLiving
Visitor

Not there right now. But I did set a password and can log in fine using my browser.
The wizard tries to connect to the box with no password since it will not enable the edit control
And allow me to put one in. So it attempts to connect without a password. When I get home I'll send the
Screen print. But it seems pretty obvious to me that it is the password
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"NewManLiving" wrote:
Not there right now. But I did set a password and can log in fine using my browser.
The wizard tries to connect to the box with no password since it will not enable the edit control
And allow me to put one in. So it attempts to connect without a password. When I get home I'll send the
Screen print. But it seems pretty obvious to me that it is the password

The error message that indicates an authentication failure is also programatically tied to the enabling of the password field, and it's been verified many times as working on the supported matrix of eclipse versions + O/S platforms + Roku firmware releases. So I'd be a bit surprised if this isn't something unrelated to the authentication (such as a connection-level issue, which has a different error message).
0 Kudos
NewManLiving
Visitor

We'll I am on windows 8 and this just started happening after I updated the plugin. Like I said I can switch to my browser and login just fine with rokudev + My password so I will copy the error when I can
0 Kudos
malloys
Visitor

"NewManLiving" wrote:
We'll I am on windows 8 and this just started happening after I updated the plugin. Like I said I can switch to my browser and login just fine with rokudev + My password so I will copy the error when I can

Thanks - getting the specific error message will be useful.

In the meantime, I should point out that eclipse.org does not officially support Windows 8 on any eclipse release (yet). The latest non-development release of Eclipse is Kepler (aka version 4.3), and Kepler's testing target platform matrix does not include Windows 8: http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/readme_eclipse_4.3.php#TargetOperatingEnvironments

So by extension, the BrightScript eclipse plugin does not support Windows 8 yet (and AFAIK, has never been tested on Windows 8 by anyone at Roku).

Cheers
0 Kudos
NewManLiving
Visitor

Problem solved. Don't know how. Just shut,
Reset, and cleared everything I could
Think of I got the proper dialog and the edit
Control was enabled
0 Kudos
NewManLiving
Visitor

Started having problems again this morning.
At first the debug console was unable to connect to the
Box. Then the export wizard was returning
Http errors. Then a program called
Browser Safeguard popped up. Not exactly
Classified as virus or malware but it should
Be. Anyway removed it and all is working
Fine. I believe this May have been the cause
Of my problems. Will post further if problem
Reoccurs