Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nveer
Visitor

Brightocove MRSS Feed

Hello,

I am building a Roku app and would like to pull in an MRSS feed from my Brightcove account based on a specific playlist. I've been messing around with the various API calls laid out in Brightcove's support pages but none of them seem to work for me. I'm not using the simple MRSS but making an actual call "find_playlist_by_id" . The roku app displays "Retrieving" but it never retrieves anything. The feed works in any standard RSS reader (NetNewsWire or Google reader).

Any thoughts? Anyone succeed at doing this yet?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Gilgamesh
Visitor

Re: Brightocove MRSS Feed

You might try posting in the developer's forum.
viewforum.php?f=34
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Brightocove MRSS Feed

The first place to look for clues is the debug console (http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/RokuSDK ... bugConsole). If your code is crashing, it will tell you where and why.

To work with Roku, an MRSS feed needs to expose direct links to compatible content. I've seen some providers whose MRSS includes links to embedable flash players, but not direct links to the actual content. That might be something else to double check.
0 Kudos