Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosborne
Visitor

Billing: How to issue refunds?

I'm surprised to see there doesn't appear to be a way to issue refunds for in channel purchases. In the billing agreement and FAQ I don't see any mention of this, and I can't find anything in the developer portal. I can view sales transactions but there's no option to refund them.

I looked at the Web Services API that's described here: http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Web+Service+API

And there appears to be an API endpoint to cancel a subscription, but nothing for refunding in-channel purchases.

Does this mean that customers must contact Roku to get a refund? Who should they contact exactly? Is there any info on this?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Billing: How to issue refunds?

I usually direct users to contact support, and that seems to have worked well enough so far.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Curiously, such is the case in IOS too.
There are no official refunds even, conditions say something of the sort all sales are final. But if one figures out where to click in iTunes and ask, AppStore support is pretty lenient about it. Just don't expect something @ *.apple.com to tell you how to do it
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:
Curiously, such is the case in IOS too.
There are no official refunds even, conditions say something of the sort all sales are final. But if one figures out where to click in iTunes and ask, AppStore support is pretty lenient about it. Just don't expect something @ *.apple.com to tell you how to do it

It's something like "report an issue" and its a button available on your invoice in iTunes. I've only used it a couple of times but it was pretty simple - theres a "request a refund" button with a text box for an explanation but I doubt anyone reads it, I got a "Your refund is being processed " within 24 hours and several days later it was.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
tiffangel

What's the link