Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudo97
Visitor

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

What Happened to EPGGrid documentation? We use it in our project and really need this doc. Why is it removed?
0 Kudos
Skrzypu
Visitor

In newest Roku OS I found one important defect.
The Nodes created from brighscript and replaced using node function "replaceChild" can't be find using "m.top.findNode"

Yesterday it have worked, after upgrade OS it stopped.
I found it as I'm using function "replaceChild" in few places in my channel. That prevents using it.
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

Skrzypu, do you give them IDs when you create them from brs? Because I had different problem with nodes created dynamically and it has been solved by giving them id.

node = CreateObject("roSGNode", "MYNODE")
node.id = "myId"
REM then you replace or append or anything.
0 Kudos
Skrzypu
Visitor

"sudo97" wrote:
Skrzypu, do you give them IDs when you create them from brs? Because I had different problem with nodes created dynamically and it has been solved by giving them id.

node = CreateObject("roSGNode", "MYNODE")
node.id = "myId"
REM then you replace or append or anything.

Yes, I'm providing the id. It has stopped working after today OS upgrade.
Is this working for you in newest Roku OS?
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

Skrzypu, Yes, everything works
0 Kudos
b_live883
Visitor

sudo97 actually brought up an issue that's quite worrisome.. I've been working on this app for 4 months now and it relies heavily on epggrid.. has it been removed from the docs because u intend to remove it??? also after the update to 7.1 last nite..

channelinfo logos are centered which is good..

but epgdata loading is not being updated .. on the focused item or next items as well as before... u have to scroll off the item by one page either direction and then you can view the epg entries.. so there definitely has been a change in the way the epg data loads.. also my icons are not showing up on the epg entries.. i had setup tasks to sequentially load the data or on itemfocused if data was not loaded it would load ... i personally thought prior to 7.1 the epggrid was working perfectly.. except for some minor graphical issues..

please let us know the changes which were made.. and please dont remove epggrid... its a great addition to the scenegraph api..
0 Kudos
b_live883
Visitor

after playing around with 7.1 ... all the properties of builtin functions or objects are now viewable in the console port 8089..

which means the docs are not needed to view the fields available for objects.. which is good to know .. good addition.. so to answer ur question sudo97 just print the epggrid object youve created to view all possible fields.
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

"b_live883" wrote:
after playing around with 7.1 ... all the properties of builtin functions or objects are now viewable in the console port 8089..

which means the docs are not needed to view the fields available for objects.. which is good to know .. good addition.. so to answer ur question sudo97 just print the epggrid object youve created to view all possible fields.

I took documentation from google cash, but anyway, it's seems strange, I don't know what to think, what if EPGGrid is to be removed from Scene Graph ever?
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

Strange that EPGGrid was removed then the next day roProgramGuide and roTuner were added. Looks like 57 documentation changes so far in the last 3 days - may have something to do with the impending 7.1 release.
0 Kudos
piratek01
Visitor

"b_live883" wrote:

Hi live883, and How can you view all the functions and objects from a node like EPGGrid???

Thank you 🙂
0 Kudos