Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

There is an update to EPG data loading, but I think that is the extent of improvements to the EPG in this release. I was referring to this forum by the term "BB" as in Bulletin Board.

- Joel
0 Kudos

Is there a way for a video node to change the color of the loading progress ? Is it possible to change the color of the cursor when using for example a rowList component ?
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

On system v7.0 I could Observe few fields, Load data from memory, server, etc. and then unobserve it and modify without any callbacks. Then I updated to 7.1 and after calling obj.unobserveField("field") -- I got nothing, It doesn't work. Tested on Roku 3 and Roku Stick.

I load settings from registry, and then modify to save it:

sub init()
m.Settings.action = "read"
m.Settings.ObserveField("value", "SettingsLoaded")
m.Settings.control = "RUN"
end sub

sub SettingsLoaded()
m.value = m.Settings.value
m.Settings.unobserveField("value")
end sub

sub ChangeSettings()
m.Settings.action = "write"
m.Settings.value = m.value REM this calls SettingsLoaded, even when field is unobserved.
m.Settings.control = "RUN"
end sub
0 Kudos

i'm trying to create a markuplist that has 2 sections .. videos and shows . I have created the content root node, then a content node for each section with contentType set to section and a title and then content nodes for each item in each section. The items are grouped by sections but i can't see the title of the sections . ..Can you help me out,please ?
0 Kudos
juantwc
Visitor

I am looking for suggestions on how to overcome some of the limitation on the Scene Graph SDK, and would appreciate if anybody has any tips on the following:

1 - It seems that is not possible to subclass a component. If you have a base set of functions, for example, to manage UI element focus, It is a bit counter productive to have to copy and paste the same code in each component. Is there any way to circumvent this ?

2 - It seems that the only way to communicate in an out of components is trough interfaces, which work a lot like 'properties' in an OOP structure. I see though that 'methods' are not supported. Is there a way to get around this?

3- Last but not least, why is it not possible to specify something like a roArray as a valid interface type? the doucumentation seems to suggest that only a few narrow types of very specific array are allowed (2DFloat etc...) , but not just an array of Object for example. The only workaround i have found is to put the array inside an assocarray and it just seems like strange limitation...

Thanks
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"juantwc" wrote:
1 - It seems that is not possible to subclass a component. If you have a base set of functions, for example, to manage UI element focus, It is a bit counter productive to have to copy and paste the same code in each component. Is there any way to circumvent this ?

You could put the utility code in a separate file and use the "uri" attribute of the <script> element instead of copying and pasting the code.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
retrotom
Visitor

Is it possible to hide the "Retrieving" (loading) text when using the Video node? When using the Video node in a picture-in-picture mode, the loading text is rendered on top of my UI.
0 Kudos
Skrzypu
Visitor

Hi

I found some defects in Scene Graph Components.
1. In ScrollableText after scroll down and changing text scroll is not moving to position 0. Text is still scrolled. I know I can recreate this node to solve that. I'm not sure what have better perfomance.
2. When RowList is using component instead simple then focus is showing to element with index 1 instead of 0. Setting focusXOffset is fixing that

I also have some suggestions in components that I miss a lot:
1. Poster have sometimes problem with loading images. Especially after screensaver is hiding. No message is showing can be read, only state.
2. In ScrollableText I miss functionality to scroll text from code. It is required when we have list in bottom of ScrollableText and we want switch focus using Up/Down keys.
3. We can't turn off handling keys for Roku predefined nodes . It changes sometimes our vision of controling app, or prevents some features
4. We can't provide to ObserveField function a flag: alwaysNotify. It can be done only from interfaces.

I home my finding and suggestions will help you with providing new version of SceneGraph.
Could you please write comments about my suggestions or provide a way to workaround them?
0 Kudos
retrotom
Visitor

It would be helpful if ifSGNodeChildren had a clear method. Because it doesn't, I've been implementing code like this in certain situations related to dynamic content and recycled views.

while m.episodeListings.getChildCount() > 0
m.episodeListings.removeChildIndex(0)
end while
0 Kudos
juantwc
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
"juantwc" wrote:

You could put the utility code in a separate file and use the "uri" attribute of the <script> element instead of copying and pasting the code.

Many thanks!
0 Kudos